top of page
Communication, Speech, Literacy, Auditory Processing, Cognitive, & Feeding/Swallowing
Support from the Functional & Person-Centered Perspective of a Passionate, Serial Health Detective
Samantha L Dame
M. SLP, H.B.Sc. Psyc., IHP.2
SLP Assessment and Therapy in:
- speech, communication (included augmentative), social skills, tolerating more foods, & building resiliency
- OT sensory goals considered for regulation
- functional family-centered goals
- effective pre-school & school-aged reading & writing programs tailored to the individual strengths & needs of each child
- auditory processing & working memory also addressed
Feeding / Swallowing
- swallowing & oral skill development
- dietitian, pediatrician & OT teams
- modify speech sound production
- auditory-verbal therapy as appropriate
- oral motor / apraxia
- communication & swallowing support for people with: stroke, Parkinson's, MNDs (including ALS), TBIs, voice difficulties, dementia, and more
- lab assessment & program developed to identify toxicities and deficiencies to minimize individualized symptoms
Some of My Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Science in Psychology
- Masters of Speech Language Pathology
- Registered Speech-Language Pathologist since 2017
- Worked with OACRS Children's Treatment Centers, Laurentian University, Unity Health, Royal Victoria Hospital, Community Clinics, Group Homes, Daycares, Montessori's, and multiple School Boards.
- Worked in numerous health teams, with various professions including: dietitians, physicians, pediatricians, ear nose and throat surgeons, audiologists, psychologists, respiratory therapists, behavioural therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, teachers, music therapists, gastroenterologists, social workers, etc.
- Numerous ASD feeding and infant - adult swallowing certifications including the Sequential Oral Sensory Feeding Approach Certification, & MBSImP Videofluroscopy Swallow Study Certification
- Language Facilitation Training & Member of The Hanen Centre, including 'It Takes Two to Talk' Certification
- Aphasia Institute's Supportive Communication Assistant Certified
- Augmentative Communication Assessments as required: Registered Assistive Device Authorizer in Ontario
- Speech & Stuttering Institute - ITEMS Motor Speech Certification
- Standard First Aid & CPR - Health Care Provider
What People Are Saying:
Sam taught our daughter not only how to read but how to have fun with it!
Sam's given our son the gift of communication, and has done so with such a compassionate & flexible approach. We are forever grateful. She makes the best games!
After my Mom's stroke, Sam was such a huge part of regaining her quality of life - with both her speech and eating skills!
Servicing Oro-Medonte, Barrie, Orillia & surrounding areas.
Sessions offered in-home, daycare / school, or in my bright therapy space.
Invoices are provided for insurance claims.
PHONE: +1 (647) 292 - 0994
bottom of page